DPS Sprint 20: new featuresPosted: May 16, 2012
At Adobe’s annual Digital Publishing Summit, Adobe (http://www.adobe.com) announced a series of new features for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) that will purportedly allow media companies and corporate publishers to deliver unparalleled reach and monetize their content in new ways. New features include:
- Content Viewer for iPhone, which allows media and corporate organizations to target digital publication delivery across iPhone and iPod touch devices in addition to the iPad, Kindle Fire and Android tablets.
- New social sharing capabilities that encourage readers and customers to share articles on Facebook, Twitter and via email directly from within their Digital Publishing Suite applications.
- Extended font embedding rights — Digital Publishing Suite customers can now enjoy extended rights from a select portion of the Adobe Type Library.
- Alternate Layouts in Adobe InDesign CS6 — design and production teams can save time and accelerate workflows by using Alternate Layout functionality in InDesign CS6 software to repurpose a single, primary InDesign layout for publication to different size devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and other mobile and tablet devices.
- Integration with Adobe Edge, which enables designers to create animated HTML5 content with Web standards, which can be placed in Digital Publishing Suite applications using InDesign.
For more information on the Digital Pubishing Suite, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitalpublishingsuite .